Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Is it snowing in hell?

Mental status: Relieved. My daughter took her swim lesson without tears--and she had fun!

Why do I ask if it's snowing in hell? Not because I'm planning a future ski trip, I assure you, but because I have now joined the ranks of so many published and unpublished writers--and people with too much free time on their hands--and have created a blog.

Heaven help the blogging community.

Actually, all kidding aside, I read blogs and websites on a more daily basis than newspapers or magazines. Then one day, I came upon an author's blog, read it, liked it AND her, and flew over to Amazon and ordered her book. Well, I liked it so much I ordered her other book too.

So I started to think--always dangerous for me, but I threw caution to wind anyway. The internet holds great power. And I want some of that power. Muwahahaha (evil laugh, in case you were wondering what that jibberish was) Okay. What I really want is to throw my name out there into the internet world.

Who knows? Maybe some day--if/when I'm published--some person will manage to stop by my blog and think I'm a nice person and want to buy my book too.

And maybe--just maybe--they'll even enjoy it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ooohhhh- I'm first! Nice job on the blog colors and welcome to the blogosphere!