Wednesday, April 25, 2007

The BEST best advice

IN THE NEWS: According to World magazine, "Neither Elsie McLean nor her playing partners saw where the 102-year-old's tee shot went on the par three fourth hole at Bidwell Park in Chico, CA. It turns out the ball came to rest in one of the unlikeliest places for a 102-year-old golfer's first shot: in the cup. Her hole-in-one not only helped her scorecard, but also set a record for oldest person to notch an ace on a regulation course."

You know what? I love reading advice from best-selling authors, agents, publishers and editors.

Now, don't get me wrong. I get a lot of support from friends at my writing forums, but seeing words of encouragement from "experts" really carry a lasting imprint in my feeble little mind.

This one from Chip MacGregor is one of the best I've seen. In fact, I'd love to print it up (with permission from Chip) and make some sort of Christmas card for writers out of it. Or at the very least, print it out and hang it by my computer desk.

Yes, it's that good.

Check it out. Advice on Writing.

4 comments:

Elle Fredrix said...

Thanks for the link! Great words of wisdom.

lainey bancroft said...

"Yes, it's that good"

Agreed.

Thanks for the link. :P

Cyndi Sweet said...

There is value in writing, not just in getting published. We learn about ourselves, about others, and about our world when we write. So there is value in writing something, even if you're the only one who ever sees it. If I help you publish your book, that doesn't validate your life. There are lots of jerks who published books, and lots of beautiful people who never published anything. If you're really a writer, you'll focus first on the beauty of the words.

Yeah! I like that, alot. It helps me to make sense of my scribbling...pecking...whatever it's called nowadays.

Thanks, Jennifer!

Prixie said...

saved it as my favourites. thanks :)