Monday, August 20, 2007

Weekend Recap #18

MENTAL STATUS: "Worried sick". Family crisis going on right now, and I feel terribly helpless.

Well, now that I laid all that down on you guys, let me see if I can shake myself out of my quasi depression and tell you what we did this weekend...

We made a new kind of pizza on the grill. No sauce, sliced tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, bacon, red onion, red bell pepper, and goat cheese. Sprinkled very lightly with some mozzarella. I'm telling you it was really scratch-your-eyes-out good. It's now my new favorite my hubby will make for me.

Um, then on Saturday we--cough, cough--went to the beach again. (Don't worry, summer's almost over) But we happened to meet some people. And when we started talking, it turned out they live on our street--two doors down. Not our fault, since that home is technically a second home for them and they're not around much all year.

Later that night we went to a concert, given by World Vision Korea Children's Choir. We were a "host family" for two of the children (we had two 15 year-olds). Which meant that after the performance, we took them home so they would have a place to shower, change and sleep. Then, after we provide breakfast for them, we take them to their bus in the morning.


I was up late that night doing their laundry because although they gave me only a few things, they were either black and white clothing items. I was afraid the white would look gray if I mixed them, so I did two separate loads--starting at 11:00 PM! I didn't get to bed until after 1 AM. That's a late night for me.


Anyhew... the next day we got them to their bus right on time--even though they fell back asleep after I woke them up. So I shoved fruit and muffins at them and rushed them out of the house. Whew!

After church it was one of those lazy rainy Sundays where I fell asleep on the living room floor while watching the Food Network. You know, that was nice. Sometimes, you just need days like that.

That was the extent of the weekend. So what did you do?

3 comments:

Chicki Brown said...

Great of you to host those kids. I'm sure they appreciated it, being in a strange land and all.

For once I had a super busy weekend since my brother was still here from Jersey, and I had my GRW meeting. I wrote about it on my blog last night.

Falling asleep on the couch really does you good sometimes.

Elle Fredrix said...

Just a lazy weekend here.

So sorry to hear about your family crisis. I hope everything sorts itself out.

Valerie Everhart said...

Family crisis..Yikes!

Good thing you went to the beach and did family things..that was probably the best thing to do!