Monday, August 27, 2007

Weekend Recap #19

MENTAL STATUS: "Slightly annoyed". I got dealt some minor inconveniences this weekend that are really not a big deal--but they annoyed me nonetheless.

My daughter's BEST friend is in town this week. How my daughter managed to get an out-of-town best friend at the tender age of five is beyond me. But, she did it.

My daughter met her friend last year--at the Philadelphia airport. The girls immediately found each other--two sensitive only children princesses-- and started playing at the gate before we could board. Then the hubby and I started talking to the parents and found out we both were going the Bahamas. Actually, we liked the parents, a lot, so we ended up hanging out with them for a good chunk of our vacation and now try to get together with them at least once a year.

So this weekend involved us shoobing it up (AKA doing all the touristy things) with them. We went to the touristy beach and went on the boardwalk on a --gasp-- Saturday night to go on rides and eat ice cream. But we had fun.

Sunday my daughter had a birthday party to go to. The birthday party was at Steele Pier in Atlantic City. Bleh. This part contributed to my annoyed mood. Could you pick a seedier place to have a children's birthday party? I think not.

On a high note, I started and finished Sushi for One? by Camy Tang and really enjoyed it.

How was your weekend?

4 comments:

Elle Fredrix said...

Sounds like your daughter has quite the social life!

And sorry, but I'd have a problem reading something with Sushi in the title! :o)

Chelle Sandell said...

You'd be so proud...I tried Sushi. Didn't like it. But I can say I've tried it. Wasn't bad but I'll stick to my oysters.

We have good friends in Georgia that we do things like that with when we get the chance. It's fun to have friends you are comfortable enough to hang out with and the kiddos play well.

Kristen Painter said...

I've never heard the phrase "shoobing it up". Must use.

Camy Tang said...

I'm glad you liked the book! Thanks for mentioning it!
Camy