Monday, October 15, 2007

Ready to Sweat!

IN THE NEWS: According to the Press of Atlantic City, "A study of 9,000 British civil servants concluded it is possible to die of a broken heart. Published in the Archives of Internal Medicine, the report found stress and anxiety caused by hostile, angry relationships can increase risk for heart disease, upping chances for a heart attack or chest pain compared with people in healthy relationships."

Well, I think--think, mind you--that I fixed my "lame hero" problem I had on Friday. So I'm going to enter Round two of the 70 Days of Sweat! (Even though I didn't enter Round one. Shhh.)

This "sweaty" challenge begins today and runs through Tuesday, January 15.

Here are the rules. I agree to write from 750 to 1500 words a day (depending on my project needs) between the dates listed above. If I need to take off a day, I make up the pages another.

But I only have to do the writing for 70 days out of the 93. The goal is to have a completed manuscript at the challenge’s end.

I'm still in the process of getting situated, but I'm almost there.

Ample coffee? Check.

Telephone off receiver? Check.

Comfy yoga pants? Check.

Smart Foods White Cheddar Popcorn? No check. But I DO have a chocolate peanut butter Tasty Kake--which is almost as good.

I think I'm finally ready to sweat--er, write.

Are you?

5 comments:

Chicki Brown said...

Chocolate peanut butter TastyKakes... I haven't seen those in a long time. That's all you need to sweat except the music. Here it is:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=b714Wi4CDsQ

Elle Fredrix said...

Hmm, this sounds like a good idea. I want to write another book by the end of the year.

lainey bancroft said...

Er, um...I did write a blog about the challenge. Does that count?

Unknown said...

Congratulations for joining us in the Sweat Challenge this time around! Good luck with the writing and getting started.

Lainey - it's not too late to sign up...

PatriciaW said...

Go for it, Jennifer!

BTW, I tagged you today. Check out my 10/15 post.