Tuesday, June 10, 2008

OPPRESSIVE

MENTAL STATUS: "Disappointed". Tried to make time to write an article, couldn't, and missed the deadline. I could kick myself.


Oppressive: adj. 1. Weighing heavily on the senses or spirit.

2. (of weather) hot and humid


What does this really mean? I guess what I'm trying to make known to you is...


it's freakin' HOT where I am!

How hot? Like so hot, the kiddo had a half day yesterday and a half day today due to the heat. As in, I went to the beach and the 60 degree ocean water actually felt refreshing. As in, the hubby went out to barbecue yesterday and wasn't sure if he really needed to "turn the grill on." That's how hot.

The kiddo will come home early today and we'll head to the beach again. I think the hubby will join us--especially since it's our 13th wedding anniversary. We're not going out to dinner tonight but he is grilling some steak and shrimp for me--er, us. I'm really looking forward to that. After all, I don't call him Grill Master for nothing. :)

Have a cool day!

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

Happy anniversary! hope the Grill Master does a wonderful job! (I always request Hubby make me a steak on the grill. He's pretty darn good, too!)

Chicki Brown said...

You have typical Atlanta summer weather up there. LOL! Thank God you live at the beach.

Enjoy your anniversary. Congratulations!

Chelle Sandell said...

I feel for you guys! Rae's in PA and was talking about how bad it was. Steaks out on the grill are my favorite!! Especially when someone else cooks! Enjoy!!

Edie Ramer said...

Happy Anniversary! Your husband not only has "great voice", he has great grilling skills too. Easy to see why you married him. :)

We're getting rain by us. I'm okay, but there's a lot of flooding going on. That's not good.

I just watched your trailer. Really liked it!

lainey bancroft said...

Same heat here. Brutal. Stay cool.

Happy Anniversary!

Uh-oh. I just did a shout out on my blog for a diferent celebration for you. Was MySpace wrong???

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Have fun at the beach! (One of my most favorite places.)

I came over from Lainey's blog - to wish you something else too. So um, have a WONDERFUL day!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!

You can send a little of your heat this way. We've had highs in the 60's for weeks. The heater still runs.

MsSnarkyPants said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope you had a great day!