Friday, July 11, 2008

Flashback Friday!

MENTAL STATUS: "Anxious". Trying to figure out my lesson plan for Vacation Bible School at my church. It starts Monday and I will be teaching the Kindergarten class. Eeep.


My cough is much better. I think I may have passed the breaking point of whether I was going to call the doctor or not. So I won't now. Yay!

Since I'm feelin' better and my blue toenails are making me feel "peppy", I thought we'd go back to the 80s again today. (I know you really want to)


Here are some lyrics to songs from the 1980s. See if you can guess the song and artist.
(HINT: answers are at the very end of the post)


1) Used to be a time when you would pamper me
Used to brag about it all the time
Your friends seem to think that you're so peachy keen
But my friends say neglect is on your mind
Who's right?



2) I play along with the charade,
there doesn't seem to bea reason to change
You know, I feel so dirty
when they start talking cute
I wanna tell her that I love her,but the point is probably moot



3)Down in the street there is violence
And a lots of work to be done
No place to hang out our washing
And I can't blame all on the sun, oh no



4) "You gone too far this time"
But I'm dancing on the valentine
I tell you somebody's fooling around
With my chances on the danger line
I'll cross that bridge when I find it
Another day to make my stand
High time is no time for deciding
If I should find a helping hand



5)Desert loving in your eyes all the way
If I listened to your lies would you say
I'm a man without conviction
I'm a man who doesn't know
How to sell a contradiction




Answers:
1) Janet Jackson "What have you done for me lately?"
2) Rick Springfield "Jessie's Girl"
3) Eddy Grant "Electric Avenue"
4) Duran Duran "Reflex"
5) Culture Club "Karma Chameleon"

Did you guess correctly?

4 comments:

Chicki Brown said...

Oooh, Rick Springfield. I didn't care much for his singing, but he was SO sexy as Dr. Noah Drake on General Hospital.

Now that you're feeling better maybe you can enjoy your weekend.

Have a good one!

Anonymous said...

Hehehe! I got them right! Man, now I feel like downloading these songs on MP3. Gotta love the 80s!

Kate Karyus Quinn said...

Ha - I did not get one of them right! Then again I am not surprised - I am one of those people who constantly mishears or misremembers song lyrics so when I sing along (and I always sing along) I just plug in whatever words I feel are appropriate until I can come in strong again at the chorus.

Prixie said...

OMG I could not place any! Before my time...i know a bit from the late 80s only.