Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Kids ask the darndest things

IN THE NEWS: "If only Goldilocks had a cockapoo.
A 15-pound cocker spaniel-poodle mix named Pawlee scared off a mother bear and her two cubs Sunday morning after they strayed into his owners' back yard." Read more
HERE.

Well, I didn't return my "batgirl" outfit yet. I was too busy with the kiddo buying back-to-school clothes. So when I worked out this morning I wore my standard t-short and shorts. Boring.

Anyhew, this story has nothing to do with shopping or bears or Batgirl, but I'll tell it anyway because it's pretty cute. The hubby and I were taking a nice family bike ride with the girlie a few days ago. The weather was beautiful. It was quiet out. Then suddenly about 15 minutes into the bike ride, the kiddo turns to me and asks, "Mommie, why do you wear fancy underwear when nobody can see it?"

Blink.

Wha-- Huh? Shocked, I look to my hubby, who has a big old grin on his face. Thanks a lot. No help whatsoever.

Luckily, I was able to correlate the fact that she loves to wear Ariel and Carebear underwear even though nobody sees it. She seemed happy enough with the answer.

Thank goodness. :)

Still doing a little school shopping today then maybe I'll work on editing a chapter of my wip. What are you doing today?

2 comments:

Marianne Arkins said...

Yeah. Kids. Mine is asking me about the human reproductive process. She understands egg + sperm = baby ... but she wants to know how the sperm gets there.

Um. No. I'm so not ready yet.

lainey bancroft said...

I see London, I see France...

Sorry. =)

I love all those kid-isms. At about the same age my girlie was playing dress up with my fancy cast-offs and jewlery and observed me in my sweats and ball cap and said, "Mommy, you have a lot of beautiful stuff for someone who isn't very beautiful."

Um, thanks, honey. :(