Thursday, October 16, 2008

What's Cookin' Part...something

IN THE NEWS: "FORT WORTH, Texas - Authorities are looking for two people who allegedly stole a preacher's wallet and went on a shopping spree while he was giving a sermon about showing mercy to others." Read more HERE.


There's nothing I like better in the fall time than the scent of pumpkin spice. Mmmm. Yes, I have a Yankee Candle in Pumpkin Pie--which is pretty good--but nothing can beat the smell of REAL pumpkin bread baking.
So I made some.
I only have a teeny bit left since I gave some to a neighbor and the kiddo has been chowing on it since it came out of the oven. (I add chocolate chips to this recipe which makes it extra yummy.)
I think I'll make some more today.
Here's the recipe I use:
Pumpkin Bread
1/2 c butter
1 c sugar
1/3 c water
2 eggs
1c canned pure pumpkin
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla
1 2/3 c flour
1/2 c chocolate chips
*************************************
Preheat oven 350. Grease a 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
Cream butter and sugar. Stir in eggs, water, vanilla, and pumpkin.
Blend in dry ingredients.
Bake 60-70 min.
ENJOY!

3 comments:

Kristen Painter said...

Pumpkin bread with chocolate chips? Will you marry me?

Stephanie said...

Amen to Kristen. HA! This sounds wonderful!!! I've got a really good weight watcher pumpkin PANCAKE recipe (and I promise you it doesn't taste a bit like ww!)! Email me if you want it!

Anonymous said...

Oooo this looks tastey. I'll have to give it a try.