Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Late!

IN THE NEWS: One Colorado county clerk has an unusual response to staff cuts caused by budget shortfalls: Don't answer the phones. Read more HERE.

I hate blogging late. It throws off my whole schedule. But I woke up late, so I guess my schedule is thrown off anyway.

I had a busy weekend this past weekend, which I'll condense for you now: cocktail party, dinner party, birthday party. In that order.

The birthday party we went to was actually for Dick Boccelli. He was the original drummer for Bill Hailey and the Comets. (You know, "Rock around the clock") He turned the big 85 and is still drumming strong. Here he is a few years ago doing a drum solo.

Anyway, it was a fun party. I even got to see another celebrity there: F. Murray Abraham. He's been in a lot of movies but I remember him best from the movie Amadeus. He played Salieri and actually won the Oscar that year for best actor. (Loved that movie!)

Needless to say after all that, I enjoyed taking a little "holiday" on Monday. I actually read a book in its entirety. We now have food in the house and I bought my daughter an Easter outfit. (As soon Blogger lets me, I'll post a picture)

So today, I desperately need to do a few crits and catch up on some blogs.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

I have no idea who any of those people are, but it's cool you got to hang with them! I just got my girls their easter dresses, too. From Old Navy. For TWELVE dollars! Yes, twelve! Well, twelve each, but I thought that was super cheap for an easter dress!

Chicki Brown said...

No wonder you needed a day off yesterday! Glad you had a good weekend.

You haven't been by my blog in a while ...

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the perfect weekend :)

Kristen Painter said...

Sounds like you had fun! It's good to have a day off sometimes, you know?

Diane Craver said...

Glad you enjoyed your parties! That's nice you were able to relax and read yesterday.

Amanda needs a new Easter dress - glad you reminded me of this. LOL