Monday, May 18, 2009

Gadget GaGa

IN THE NEWS: Deputies: Banana used as gun in holdup, then eaten. Read more HERE.

I love gadgets.

In fact, my neighbor has one that I really, well, covet. :) You see, I eat a lot of mangoes. (I put them in my spinach smoothies.) But they're a pain in the neck to peel and cut. (The mangoes) So she told me about this:

It's The Mango Pitter. (I've ordered one for myself this morning!)

Now I want the Topsy Turvy tomato grower. Have you seen this on TV?! I love fresh tomatoes! I've been throwing some hints to my hubby. But he seems unimpressed.

You know what else looks good? The iSlice slicer. Now THAT looks like something really handy, especially on Christmas when you have to open that impossible Fort-Knox-tight packaging on your children's toys. Standing in line at AC MOORE the other day, I was tempted to buy one. I resisted.
Regretfully.

Surprisingly enough, with my fascination with home gadgets, I don't own any writing gadgets. Nope. Not one.

Writer's Block looks neat! It's software that's suppose to help you pull together your ideas, notes, and research for your writing.
Or for those with the "complex" story lines, which need help getting mapped out, they have CMAP.

Both sound really interesting! Maybe one these days... (after I order the Topsy Turvy)

I do have an Alpha Smart, though.

*yawn*

Yeah, I suppose that's not really a cool writing gadget. But it does help when I need to write on the go.

Do you own any writing gadgets? Do you have any on your wish list?

12 comments:

Jessica Nelson said...

LOL
No gadgets for me. :-) I can't believe you drink a spinach thingy! Ew. Part of me is impressed, the other, grossed out. LOL!

Jody Hedlund said...

I don't have any gadgets, other than those that came on my lap top (all of the side bar widgets and fun little programs!) I get distracted by those, so I'm not sure how I'd handle any "real" gadgets!

Chicki Brown said...

No cool writing gadgets except my AlphaSmart. Personally I think they're unnecessary.

Since I've been writing, my money has been very limited, and I think that's why I've developed my own systems for keeping notes, plotting, etc. IMO, buying software for those purposes is just a waste.

Terri Tiffany said...

None for me except my laptop:))
All I need is a few good writing books and my determination.

Stephanie said...

No gadgets here. I need to get some so I can have somewhere to write everything in one place!

Cyn D said...

Oooh! Yes! I want a topsy turvy, too! I even have the perfect place to hang it.

If the sun ever comes out again, I might even get one.

I'm with ya. Gadgets rule!

Kristen Painter said...

I want to know how well that mango slicer works. I love mangos, and I can dispatch them pretty quickly with a good knife, but that might be better.

Jennifer Shirk said...

I'll definitely report on the Mango pitter. I can't wait!! LOL!

Jill Kemerer said...

Your post reminded me I need a new food processor. And I saw the cutest shake maker yesterday... And I'd love a microzester...

Writing tools? Nah. Just my laptop and a pile of pens and paper.

Jennifer Shirk said...

I LOVE my food processor. Don't know what I'd do (or how I'd make my hummus) without it. :)

Eileen Astels Watson said...

You're funny, Jennifer. No, no writing gadgets for me, either. Not even an alpha smart. I'm the old-fashioned type of writer. Painful, I know!

Cindy R. Wilson said...

I don't have any gadgets. I wish I could find one that would connect my brain to the computer. So when I am tired and don't want to type anymore, whatever I am thinking will be transmitted to the page :)