Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A New Online Love!

IN THE NEWS: "A South Carolina woman has won a $2 million jury verdict against a dental clinic that mistakenly pulled 13 teeth." Read more HERE.


I've discovered a new online love: Food shopping.

I have tried many online supermarkets in the past, but I think Shop Rite has it down to perfection. Finally, a supermarket who knows what they're doing!

The site is easy to maneuver (unlike another food store I could name--but won't) and I can place my order up to four hours before I pick it up. They have a little drive-thru area for me where I pay as they then place my bags in the car for me. Easy peasy.

(The friendly baggers don't accept tips which is too bad because they're great)

I even love that they call me a few hours before I pick up to tell me if they're out of something or to ask me if there's anything else I'd like to add. Yes, I talked to a live, friendly person.

Yesterday, I actually enjoyed food shopping. LOL! And best of all, there was no complaints by the kiddo when I told her where we were going.

Have you ever food shopped online?

14 comments:

Nadia said...

Does ordering pizza online count? LOL

Chicki Brown said...

We used to order from Web Van, but then they discontinued service south of the city of Atlanta. It was great while it lasted.

Jessica Nelson said...

Whoa. I WANT this. Seriously.

Stephanie Faris said...

I don't think this is available in Nashville. There was a company offering to deliver your groceries at home, and I looked into it, but the delivery fee was way too high.

PatriciaW said...

Shop Rite? Do they still do the "Can-Can" sale every year? We used to stock up.

No online food shopping in FL, not that I know of. Not crazy about any of the supermarkets really so I'm not sure I would trust it anyway.

Kristen Painter said...

Haven't done it, but would definitely try it! I kind of like wandering around the store tho.

Jill Kemerer said...

Sounds like a major time and sanity saver!

Jennifer Shirk said...

Patricia: Yes! The Can-Can sale is great! LOL!

Diane Craver said...

I don't know if we have one in our area but will check it out - sounds awesome. What a great service to the customers.

Trisha Pearson said...

That sounds heavenly! I hate grocery shopping. I've never heard of them though, so I'm guessing we don't have one. (pouting)

Stephanie said...

Oh what I would give for a shop rite in my area! With three kids 3 and under, grocery shopping is a bear! WHY?!?!

Tana said...

I just did a mad dash through my grocery store. I love it when my Hubby goes to costco for me. ;)

Karen said...

We don't have this service, but I would be in heaven if we did. Grocery shopping is my absolute least favorite thing to do.

Anna C. Morrison said...

I would love this service! Nothing like this is offered in my area. The best is one by my friend's house where you can order two days ahead of time and then pick it up, but there's no drive through, and it costs extra.