Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Fun Food!

IN THE NEWS: "Did Mexico beat it? Fans go for 'Thriller' record." Read more HERE.


Can playing games be any more fun?

Apparently not since some classic board games are now edible!

Monopoly: I was never a huge fan of this one. But adding chocolate playing pieces could definitely entice me into playing a round. This one will be sold at Target.com in November, too.


Scrabble: Scrabble cheese crackers! There combining two of my favorite things here. And there's a game board on the back of the box. How clever!


Operation: No dexterity tests or anxiety-producing buzzers in this one. Just fun fruit snacks.


Hey, I don't know about you but I want to know where the edible Candy Land game is. :)
I personally think that would be a HUGE hit.

I'm not much for regular board games. Probably because I STINK at them. But the game Apples to Apples is growing on me--even though I still haven't won a single game.

What's your favorite board game?

16 comments:

Chicki Brown said...

Leave it you, the ultimate foodie, to come up with this information!

The Cheez-It game would be my favorite. I don't even buy Cheez-It anymore because they are SO addictive!

Diane said...

A favorite in our house is Apples to Apples and a favorite from my younger years is Trouble. Those games sound like fun, but tempting.

Eileen Astels Watson said...

Oh, we played Apples to Apples at the cottage this summer. What a great game. I'm on the hunt for it for Christmas. Our daughters friend brought it to the cottage or a sleep over night and we just loved the game.

We play monopoly on occasion, but it's a game that needs a lot of time. We often have it setting out for a few days to break up the sessions.

Robyn Campbell said...

Oh man, chocolate Monopoly. But the game will never be finished. :)

I'll have to try Apples to Apples. I stink at board games too.

~PakKaramu~ said...

Pak karamu reading and visiting your blog

Kristen Painter said...

I have a slight Cheezits addiction, so I've stopped buying them, but I love that idea!

PatriciaW said...

Growing up I loved Life. The favorite in my house now is Mouse Trap, but I'd better not let my kids see the Scrabble Cheez-its!

Tana said...

I'm with you, edible candyland needs to be next. Why not? Al the other junk makes it's way into my pantry. Halloween is coming and and with it, lots of yummy old school cereal...

Cindy R. Wilson said...

That's cool! Apples to Apples is really fun! My hubby and I rule at that game :) I think my favorite has always been Boggle. I LOVE words! But Yahtzee is fun, too.

Kristen Torres-Toro said...

Oh my goodness, that's hilarious! Keep me away from monopoly! I love chocolate!

Jessica Nelson said...

Yum, I love fruit snacks!
Chocolate monopoly ... that could be interesting. LOL

Jennifer Shirk said...

Am I the only one here who's hungry now?

Susan R. Mills said...

I just bought those Cheez Its on Monday. I was cracking up. I love board games. I drive my kids crazy, trying to get them to play with me. Maybe the food versions of the games would be more appealing to them. :)

Stephanie Faris said...

Edible Candy Land? What a great idea. I'm going to go find the edible Scrabble to play with my boyfriend's daughter. She'd love that!

Anonymous said...

I just saw those operation fruit snacks in the store the other day...I was tempted, but I didn't buy them.

I might be more than tempted with chocolate monopoly though. :)

MsSnarkyPants said...

Wow! I want Chocolate Monopoly! That scrabble one is awesome! I hope I can find it!