Monday, June 20, 2011

Awards and Such

Hope everyone had a lovely Father's Day and/or weekend!
I made brunch for my hubby and his family: breakfast pizza and creme brulee french toast were on the menu. Yum!

The Better is Possible blog surprised me with some nice awards last week. It's been awhile since I received any, so I figured I was boring people out. Nice to know I still have it. LOL!






Anyhew, here are the requisite seven facts about myself.



1) In high school I was in a beauty pageant. If I had won, I would have gone on to Miss New Jersey then Miss America. (But I didn't even place) :-)


2) I've recently decided to put a little color in my life and am having my office painted...RED. Well, cranberry. Well, actually the color is called Stolen Kiss. But you get the idea.


3) I prefer a heavily salted snack over a sweet snack.


4) I just started week 11 of my second round of p90x. (and no, I'm not ripped yet)


5) I'm highly allergic to cats (and most dogs)


6) Wanted to go to med school after I graduated pharmacy school. Took the GREs and everything. Bu then I met my future hubby and all my plans went totally out the window because I fell in love and got married. (never regretted it once)



7) Was sooooooo close to being named Linda, but when I was born the doctor told my mom I looked like a Jennifer. (And the rest is history) :)



And that's all for me.



This week I'm trying to get some editing done and get my act together for the RWA conference.



I'm also at the Avalon Blog today. I'm talking about "Beginnings and Endings" in books. It's a discussion I had last year, but I think it's an interesting topic, so if you get a chance (and haven't weighed in on your opinion before), come on over and tell me if you think one is more important than the other when reading a book.

29 comments:

Sarita Leone said...

Congrats on your awards! I smiled when I read number six. Fabulous!

Unknown said...

Stolen Kiss... now that's a color I could get used to!

Congrats on all the awesome awards! I love your blog so it's nice to see others do too!

Joanne said...

Congrats on your Awards, a fun way to start the week :)

Mary Aalgaard said...

I think it would be a fun job to be the person who names paint colors. Enjoy your "stolen kiss"!

Wendy Paine Miller said...

You looker you!

Red can be tricky, but cool you're going for it.

Major sweet tooth here.

Hubby is big time allergic to cats.

You're more of a Jennifer than a Linda to me. ;)

~ Wendy

Linda Kage said...

Perfect color for a romance writer's office!!

And I think Jennifer is a much more exciting name than Linda. My parents debated between Linda and Lydia. my older siblings voted and it was 2 to 4 for Linda, so...yeah, I named my daughter Lydia.

Hey, I tagged you on my blog, but that was way back on June 3rd, so it's probably expired by now...do tags expire. Congrats on the awards!

Linda G. said...

Aww. You could have been a fellow Linda?

Ah, well. That's okay. Jennifer os a beautiful name, and suits you. :)

Anonymous said...

Beauty pageant and med school candidate....now that combination makes a stylish character. I am glad you ar real though!

Jessica R. Patch said...

I'm with you on the salty snacks and red paint! You won lovely awards...and yes you still got it!

Rula Sinara said...

Congratulations! Stolen Kiss sounds like a great lipstick color too ;). You'll have to post pics when you're done. I have a lot of red accent colors in my office :)

Suze said...

I was in a 'scholarship' pageant in high school-- Miss Teenage Texas. :)

Carol Kilgore said...

Congrats on your awards!

I love red rooms :)

Bossy Betty said...

Congrats! (I am totally with you on the snack thing.)

Stephanie Faris said...

My mom was going to name me Elizabeth, so I have fun trying to decide whether I would have decided to be Liz, Liza, or Beth. I think Liza! She chose Stephanie, so that limits my options to just Stephanie or Steph. My sister is Jennifer. I think those were the two most popular names at the time.

Jules said...

Congrats and yes to the salty! No beauty for me either, just a lot of hillbilly :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Jeanette Levellie said...

Congratulations on these awards, the excellent color choice for your office (love that name!), and for being a hopeless romantic instead of a dr. Yaaaay for you!!!

Sarah Forgrave said...

Fun list! I can go for a salty snack, as long as it's followed by a sweet one. :)

Unknown said...

Hhahaah, the doctor named you? Oh man. And... red office? Now that's what I call creatively brave. I'm almost tempted to paint my happy place red (the one in my head) as well. Hmmm. Oh and congrats for the awards! It's always so nice to be appreciated. ^_^

Sarah Tokeley said...

I agree 'stolen kiss' is an awesome name for a paint colour, especially for a romance writer :)

Can't agree with the salty snacks though, I'm a chocolate girl all the way!

Theresa Milstein said...

I can't believe the doctor weighed in on your name.

You should put up a picture of your office when it's done.

Have fun at RWA!

Walt Mussell said...

The thing that Father's Day reminded me of is that my wife does a better job with Father's Day than I do with Mother's Day. :-)

Arlee Bird said...

Linda, Jennifer, either name is nice, but I guess you got the name that was really meant for you.

Lee
Tossing It Out

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS on your new awards! It's fun learning new little things about people.

Unknown said...

So sad about Number 5-- but everything else sounds just awesome!

The creme brulee french toast sounds fantastic.

Unknown said...

What - a writer without a cat? Don't see many of those. ;) I love the idea of red/cranberry/stolen kiss as an office color. I'm big into bold colors in interior decorating right now. Make a statement, girl!

Susan Fields said...

I can't believe the doctor told your mom that! Jennifer is a beautiful name, though, so I guess he did a good thing. :)

Misha Gerrick said...

Hahaha I love how your name got changed!

Congrats on the awards! :-)

Nicole McLaughlin said...

Funny about your name! I love cranberry wall! Good choice! Even better that it's called Stolen Kiss....you chose it because of that didn't you!! :) ha

Tara said...

I can't think of a better color for a romance writer's office!