I'm back from my visit with the in-laws and announcing the release of Inevitable, the newest young adult suspense novel by my bloggy buddy Tamara Hart Heiner!
Visions of death plague Jayne, who thinks watching her boyfriend die is the worst that could happen to her. But when she witnesses a murder, Jayne finds herself caught up in a dangerous world of intrigue and suspense.
As it turns out, she is not the only one doing the stalking. The killer is on to her, and all of her visions of the dying don't reveal how her life will end. Somehow, she must stop the murderer before he arranges Jayne's own inevitable death.
Lo and behold, I actually happened to have read this one!
So I'll give a little review. :)
I had this book on my Kindle and planned to read it while I was on my mini vacation last week. But I took a peek at the first chapter and well...one thing lead to another and I ended up finishing it before I left for Florida. LOL!
The main character Jayne has an unusual "gift". She sees visions of people's deaths--if they're going to die early and in a tragic circumstance. Heavy stuff for a teenager! But to make matters worse, she gets herself involved in a murder investigation through this gift and then things really get interesting.
This book had a little bit of everything: a teen love story, murder/suspense, and a little paranormal/fantasy.
I have to say the murders/suspense thing kept me turning the pages. I couldn't wait to see how everything was going to work out in the end. Very enjoyable read!
Check it out for yourself: First page
Available on Amazon.com, Smashwords.com, Barnes &Noble.com, and Kobo.com!
Since Tamara writes YA, I thought it'd be fun to have her come on here to tell us what her TOP TEN FAVORITE YA BOOKS are!
Take it away, Tamara!
My top 10:
Man, this is hard! I just love these books. I don't know which is first.
1. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling
2. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
3. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
4. Unleashed by Nancy Holder
5. Stung by Bethany Wiggins
6. Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson
7. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
8. The Line by Teri Hall
9. The Death Cure by James Dashner
10. Across the Universe by Beth Revis
I have Beth's book and read The Hunger Games. I need to check out the rest!!
After an awesome ebook launch on Facebook, Tamara's trying hard to top that with the paperback. So here's the plan:
1) For the entire month of March, every comment on Tamara's blog gets entered into a drawing to win a HARD COPY of one of her books. (You get to choose which one!)
2) Leave a comment on THIS BLOG for a chance to win ALL of her young adult ebooks!
3) Enter the Goodreads Giveaway for another chance to win Inevitable.
Have you read Inevitable?
Have you read any of the YA books on Tamara's list?
What are some of your favorite YA books?