Monday, April 22, 2013

Calling all FOODIES

Happy Monday!

I have a recipe to share that is really outstanding. I went to a friend's house this weekend (just to say hi) and she MADE me try her fish recipe because she knows how much I like spice.
 
So I did. (And ended up eating the entire thing even though I wasn't hungry!)
 
The best part? It's from Weight Watchers.
 
They have great recipes and  I found out that Laaloosh is where you can get them.

This recipe calls for salmon, but my friend said it's just as good with tilapia too!

Chili Glazed Salmon with Siracha Cream Sauce

Ingredients

  • 1 ½ lbs salmon, cut into 6 fillets
  • 1/3 cup chili sauce
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
  • 2 tbsp brown sugar
  • 4 garlic cloves minced
  • 1 ½ tbsp Siracha sauce
  • 1 tbsp reduced fat mayonnaise or Vegenaise (skipped--not needed)
  • 1/4 cup plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
  • 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/4 cup scallions, diced

Instructions

  1. To make chili glaze for the salmon, combine chili sauce, soy sauce, ginger, brown sugar, and 3 garlic cloves. Mix well.
  2. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper, and spray with an olive oil mister or non-fat cooking spray.
  3. Place salmon on baking sheet, and spoon glaze evenly over each fillet. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
  4. While salmon is marinating, make Siracha cream sauce by combining yogurt, mayo, Siracha, lemon juice, salt and remaining garlic clove. Mix well and set aside.
  5. Preheat broiler, and spoon any marinade remaining on baking sheet over salmon fillets. Broil salmon without turning until cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes, depending on thickness of fillet.
  6. Serve each salmon fillet with a drizzle of the Siracha cream sauce and garnish with green onions.


Delicious! Lo- cal. And great for summer!

I had never heard of Laaloosh before, but I'm going to check out more of their site!

***Also, a quick note: the lovely ladies over at Writing 4 Two will have me for their "Friday Feature" this Friday. I'll be hosting a giveaway of KISSING KENDALL so I hope you can stop by!

Have a great week! And Happy Earth Day!

Have you heard of Laaloosh before?



21 comments:

Linda G. said...

Yum! Sounds delicious. I'll have to pass the recipe along to someone who'll cook it for me. ;)

Jemi Fraser said...

I don't know Laaloosh either. This ecipe sounds awesome!

Sandra Orchard said...

Thanks for the recipe. I get stuck in a rut of always cooking dishes the same way. Nice to try something new!

Maria Zannini said...

This is great! I'm always looking for new ways to prepare salmon.

Thanks!

Theresa Milstein said...

I've never heard of this recipe before--it sounds delicious!

Connie Keller said...

Wow! This sounds great!! I can't wait to try it.

Old Kitty said...

Happy Earth Day to you too!!!!!

Yay for Laaloosh!! Take care
x

Julie Jarnagin said...

I haven't. Sounds delicious!

Nancy said...

I have never heard of Laaloosh, but I have heard of Salmon (Ha ha.) And I love the way my husband makes it. Your recipe sounds very tasty.

Sutton Fox said...

Haven't heard of Laaloosh. Bookmarked it for future research. lol.

This recipe sounds yummy. Will be giving it a try. Thanks!

Linda Kage said...

Holy...yum. Now I'm craving Salmon. Thanks a lot!!

My MIL told me to try putting mandarin oranges on them with the soy sauce, oil, and seasoning and wrap them up in tinfoil to bake them.

Sounds like I'm going to be trying a lot of different Salmon dishes this month!

Cynthia said...

This sounds like a great recipe. I'm always look for tasty ways where I can get my omega-3 fatty acids, supposedly the "good" fats.

Carol Kilgore said...

This sounds yummy. And I've never heard of Laaloosh either. I'm bookmarking this post!

Sandra Cox said...

Can't beat weight watchers recipes.

Cindy R. Wilson said...

I have never heard of that before, but it sounds good. I have been really into fish lately, trying to eat healthier. Thanks for featuring the recipe :)

Shelley Munro said...

That sounds really delicious. I love salmon.

Laura S. said...

I've never heard of Laaloosh. I love that word though!! Heehee, it's fun to say.

This recipe looks delish!

Happy A to Z-ing! from Laura Marcella @ Wavy Lines

Nas said...

Hey, that recipe sounds too good to be true! Must check it out.

Robyn Campbell said...

Laaloosh sounds fantastic! I gotta head over. That recipe is YUM YUM! Now you made me hungry. :-)

Susan J. Reinhardt said...

Do they have other stuff besides fish? I don't do fish.

Nas said...

Sounds delicious! Haven't heard of it before.