Wednesday, March 14, 2007

More Fun than a Toothache

MENTAL STATUS: "Better". I still have jaw pain here and there and headaches from the tooth that's been the bane of my existence, but I'm hanging in there until the 26th.

Yes, I'm doing better. I even managed to write a little. (After I was finished sulking)

After a friend of mine saw my blog yesterday, he thought I sounded depressed. Did I? Ooops. I guess I did. Sorry to be Captain Bring Down for everybody.

So he sent me this to cheer me up: ABBA song.

It worked!

I have to admit I really smiled when I saw this--and at the same time questioned whatever I had seen and liked about that group. But hey, I was young and their "Greatest Hits" cassette was my first to own.

Even so, I had never heard of this song before. (Fortunately) But I think the words capture the profound meaning of this world and how we should be living it. Not.

Anyway, enjoy. I did.

(Thanks, Ed)

7 comments:

Chelle Sandell said...

Hope you're feeling better honey! My hubby has alot of problems with his teeth and was hurting all the time until it got taken care of. That kind of pain makes it hard to function.

Elle Fredrix said...

Oh, dear. I don't remember that one. I never was a big ABBA fan, but one of my friends was. I recently heard their greatest hits CD and was surprised at how much of it I could sing along with.

What was with the cartoon graphics in that video?

Glad you're feeling a bit better today! One day at a time. That's all you can do when you're in pain.

Chicki Brown said...

The only ABBA songs I remember are "Dancing Queen" and "Afternoon Delight." I'm an R&B girl, remember. But I'm glad they made you smile.

Hope today is better.

Rhonda Helms said...

DEAR GOD, that was awesome. The butterfly collars, the big hair, the beautiful accents...I loved it.

I'm a huge abba fan, but I never heard that song before. LOLOL I think we should bring back the 70's fashion! hahahaha

Thanks for sharing!!

Dayna_Hart said...

ooh Jen, your blog is sooooo pretty! (I hate visiting other blogs, I keep thinking of how I can change mine ;)

*sigh* Abba, Air Supply, Queen, Styx...

I wish I still had my vinyls...

Anonymous said...

Wow, I liked ABBA too but I don't remember that song - not that I remember why I liked them either but hey it was a long time ago and I still like their retroniss (I just made that word up I think!! LOL).

I hope your tooth/jaw feel better.

Unknown said...

I hope your tooth gets better. At least you did get some writing done. I enjoyed that, although I do have to agree LOL...