Thursday, April 5, 2007

Things that make you go "hmmm"

IN THE NEWS: According to FOX News, "EVERETT, Wash. — Everett police have accused a 30-year-old woman of posing as a boy and assaulting a 14-year-old girl. Papers filed in Everett District Court say Lorelei Josephine Corpuz presented herself as a 17-year-old boy named Mark. Police told the Everett Herald she befriended the teenage girl in 2005 at a shopping mall and the family allowed "Mark" to live with the family as the young girl's boyfriend. The true story came to light after "Mark" was pulled over for a traffic stop on Sunday with the girl in the car. Officers were told that Corpuz allegedly had beaten and sexually assaulted the girl. Sergeant Robert Goetz says the family was surprised to learn that Mark was a 30-year-old woman. She is jailed in Everett for investigation of rape."
(Very strange)

Anyhew, as I was looking over my daughter's recent birthday presents, I came upon something that puzzled me.


Meet Art Teacher Barbie:

See how short Art Teacher Barbie's skirt is:


See the 4 inch stilettos Art Teacher Barbie wears to work on a regular basis:




Hmm. Is it just me, or do you see a problem here?

6 comments:

Chicki Brown said...

Things like this are the reason my daughter wouldn't buy Barbie or Bratz dolls for my granddaughter. Barbie gives little girls a twisted representation of what their bodies should look like. And those Bratz dolls are just ugly little hoochie mamas!

Jennifer Shirk said...

Ha! Fortunately, we don't have any Bratz dolls in the house.

You're right. Total hoochie mamas.

Cyndi Sweet said...

Mommy! Mommy! My art teacher is a 'ho!

My question is, what does art teacher Ken wear???? (Barbie? Can I borrow those stilettos?)

My other question is, Is there a high-powered corporate lawyer Barbie? Or don't hpcl's wear cute-enough clothes?

Sigh. Barbie. I hate her.

Anonymous said...

There is (or used to be in the olden days) an astronaut Barbie. I used to love my hootchie mama dolls.

Elle Fredrix said...

There was a Simpsons episode (not a show of my choice but I'm forced to watch it at times!) where Lisa takes on a huge Barbie Dollish conglomerate about the negitive messages they were sending to young girls. It was actually very good.

Anonymous said...

If I ever had a daughter, I was firm in never allowing her a Barbie. They are a bad image. Girls have enough to worry about without adding a ridiculous doll to the mix.