Thursday, April 19, 2007

THURSDAY THIRTEEN #1

Yes! I've given in to peer pressure and decided to do a Thursday Thirteen
So, here's THIRTEEN MOVIES I've NEVER seen--but want to before I die

1) Blazing Saddles ** I loved Spaceballs and Young Frankenstein. Why am I not running out to Blockbuster to rent this?

2)Titanic ** So romantic... so depressing. But I feel as though I'd still be missing something if I don't join the club and see this one.

3) Raging Bull ** I don't know. I guess I just want to see it because of Robert De Niro.

4) Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid ** Paul Newman--when he was hot! Nuff said.

5) Dreamgirls ** If only to see Jennifer Hudson belt out that one number...

6) Annie Hall ** Never been a big fan of Woody Allen, but this movie's been talked about enough that I actually DO want to see it.

7) Thelma and Louise ** gasp** True. I am a woman and I've never seen this movie. I know I need to. That's why it's on the list.

8) Brokeback Mountain** Okay. I don't know if I REALLY want to see this movie, but maybe I do want to see what all the hub-bub was about.

9) Risky Business ** Yes, yes. Tom Cruise in his underwear. But who hasn't seen that part? That's why it's low on the list.

10) Fantasia ** No, not the singer. The movie. And yes, I've never seen it. I'm hoping my 5 year old daughter will enlighten me soon.

11) Schindler's List** I really want to see this one. But the time commitment is a killer for me.

12) Braveheart ** Again, the time commitment. Mel, please make a shorter version for us with small attention spans.

13) Terms of Endearment** I'm a crier, so I feel I will need 20 boxes of tissues around me if I watch this. I think that's why I keep putting it off.

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


21 comments:

Elle Fredrix said...

Okay, may we never watch a movie together. The waterworks would be out of control. There are movies I refuse to see at the theater, because I will embarrass myself with all the sobbing.

Terms of Endearment will KILL you. I cried so much, I had a headache for a day.

Welcome to TT!

Rhonda Helms said...

SO many good ones on here...you MUST run out and see them!!!

GREAT list!!

Unknown said...

Butch Cassidy, Blazing Saddles and Titanic - Just thinking about them - I'm laughing, crying and seeing Paul's blue eyes! OMG. Go rent!

Chicki Brown said...

Steel Magnolias sent me into hysterics. I know I couldn't watch Schindler's List or Sophie's Choice. I had a hard enough time getting through Roots. That's why I usually stick to comedy or action flicks. I'm just too emotional.

Uisce said...

sometimes I look at someone's list of movies and I haven't sen any. I think I've seen all of these and it's a great list!

Two Voices Publishing said...

I cried during Titanic - but ultimately, I didn't find it depressing. The magnitude of it is breathtaking! And Brokeback - I was surprised at the lack of squick factor. It's actually a great love story. There aren't enough tissues in the world to get me to watch Terms or Magnolias.

Tilly Greene said...

Hmmm, Fantasia used to be my instant nap DVD. There are some seriously good ones here I'd like to see again so I remember why I liked them the first time around.

Tempest Knight said...

Oh, you're going to love "Blazing Saddles." Mel Brooks just cracks me up!

Dionne Galace said...

You have to see Titanic. If only for the "I'll never let go again, Jack... I'll never let go!"

Hilarious. Gets me each time.

R.G. ALEXANDER said...

"I've been with hundreds of men, again and again...let's face it I'm bushed!" Okay Madeleine Kahn alone makes Blazing Saddles a must.
The rest are also definite rental gold!

Daisy Dexter Dobbs said...

You've got a great list of movies here, Jennifer! I've seen all of them except for 2, 5, 7 and 8. I just saw Annie Hall for the first time about a month ago and wasn’t impressed. Thought it was much ado about nothing--but then I’ve never been a Woody Allen fan.

Chelle Sandell said...

I totally forgot about Thursday Thirteen...I'll pull my depressing post and post again. Great movie list BTW!

Gina Ardito aka Katherine Brandon said...

I, too, have never seen Thelma and Louise. I've seen the rest, and have several of them in my "keeper collection." There's no excuse to miss Blazing Saddles, especially if you're a Mel Brooks fan. So many of the jokes have become part of the social structure. Promise you'll rent it this week!

Heather said...

There are some great movies on that list, only three I haven't yet seen. And yes, you will need tissues for some of them -- Terms and Titanic for sure (I was still crying a half hour after Titanic ended).

Anonymous said...

Y'know? Spaceballs is one of my all-time favourite movies and I *hated* Blazing Saddles. I didn't find it funny at all...

Crystal Jordan said...

I kinda feel good about myself that I've seen all of these. Though some of them are only worth seeing just the once.

Shelley Munro said...

Some awesome movies on your list. I haven't seen Risky Business either - apart from Tom in his underwear and the hundreds of spoofs of the scene

P. Robinson said...

Braveheart- awesome movie and who doesn't want to see Mel in a skirt?

Thelma and Louise was awesome too!

Dayna_Hart said...

um. I've seen two off that list, and sorta wanted to scrub my eyeballs after.

Jennifer McKenzie said...

Um, I've never seen Thelma and Louise either.
And I've never seen The Godfather which earned me an incredulous look from every man I've known. LOL.

Somehow I don't feel I'm missing out.

Nadia said...

I've never seen Terms of Endearment.