Monday, June 25, 2007

Weekend Recap #10

MENTAL STATUS: "Bummed". My daughter's "summer activity" was supposed to start today, but it's raining. Hopefully, it will stop raining or I won't get the writing done I had planned to do. Wah!!

Why do summer weekends go by faster than winter weekends? I want to enjoy more! But that's me, always wanting more. We had such a lovely weekend that I could go for another one right now.

It had some interesting moments, though.

Like on Friday, when my mom and I were trying to hang shades up in my daughter's room and I had to run to K-mart--not once--not twice--but THREE times!! Ugh. And it's not like this store is around the corner. But we FINALLY managed to size and hang these shades, and now my daughter's room looks awesome.

You see, her room faces the sun and when it rises in the morning, it shines FULL BLAST through her windows (picture Kramer when he had the Kenny Rogers Roaster sign shining in his apartment) I had to hang baby blankets over her curtains to block it out. Needless to say, it wasn't an attractive look. But that's all changed now.

Does the description a million times better give you a hint of how it looks?

On a negative side, as we were all getting ready to go to the beach on Saturday, my hubby stubbed his pinkie toe on a pillar we have in our dining room. I really think he could have broke it, because it still hurts for him to walk and it's all purple-blue in color. The bad luck didn't quite stop there. We got to the beach and there's a bumblebee that comes flying by us. Weird in itself since we were right by the ocean, but it then proceeded to go up my hubby's bathing suit short's leg.

It's okay. You can laugh. (I did) Especially since he swatted it away and it didn't sting him. But what were the odds something like that would happen? It just wasn't his day.

I don't know if I mentioned this, but we always bike to the beach with backpacks, and now we're in the habit of stopping at this ice cream place on the way home. (My body sculpting instructor isn't going to want to hear this, I know.)

Don't ask me how, but I think I LOST weight. And I ate ice cream four times this weekend! Interesting. Maybe I'm onto a new diet phase: kill yourself exercising during the week and pig out on the weekends.

Hmmm....you never know...

So how was your weekend?

3 comments:

Sara Thacker said...

Tag, you're IT!

Chicki Brown said...

I'm trying to see the keyboard through the tears of laughter after reading the bumble bee story. Your poor husband...

If you can eat ice cream four times and still lose weight, you must be working out like Susan Powter on acid. Go on girl!

Chelle Sandell said...

You're killing me! Poor hubby. Sounds like us. I laughed out loud at the window description. Mom and I have to put up shelves today...uh okay. Pray we don't break something...more specifically a bone.

I lost 4 more pounds and haven't exercised in several days. Hmmm...