Monday, July 16, 2007

Weekend Recap #13

MENTAL STATUS: "Happy". The daughter has a summer activity today, so I have the morning to myself. Yay!

Well, I'm sure a few of you will be happy to know I had a relatively boring--er, I mean quiet weekend. What? That's right. Not a party, family reunion, clown, big band or frozen margarita in sight.

And it was bliss. Sometimes it's nice just to hang out with the family.

Friday night was beautiful--no wind, not too cool and most importantly, no bugs or mosquitoes. So after we put the little one to bed, the hubby and I cranked up the old Ipod and sat outside on our lounge chairs. Yep. We talked and listened to Jazz. Very romantic. The hubby had a nice glass of white wine and I had... a caffeine free diet Pepsi?

Oh well. Diet Pepsi (not my drink of choice, by the way) isn't exactly romantic or cool on my end, but now that my teeth issues are done (for now) I'm trying for baby #2 again. (I'll keep you posted if there's any late breaking news.)

Anyway, the next day we went to the beach. Yeah, yeah, I know. Enough with the beach already. But I can't help it. The weekends are the only time the hubby gets to go to the beach, so when he's off that's where he wants to be. Being a good and faithful wife, I readily comply with his demands to be there. Twist my arm, why don't ya?

But this weekend, I did something new at the beach. I sand sculpted! Ha!! Yet another talent I have!

I did the mermaid below on Saturday, but I did a better one on Sunday (of course, I didn't have my camera then) that created quite a "buzz" on the beach. Someone came over and even took a picture of it on their camera phone. Then I did a turtle and a shark head (which really looked more like a big fish with teeth).




My daughter helped decorate all my "masterpieces". As you can see from this one, she did a super nice job.

So, what did you do this weekend?

2 comments:

Cyndi Sweet said...

Tee-hee! I love it! Though she looks a teeny bit like a beached mermaid with her arms all splayed. (I'm just jealous because she's skinny. LOL) What did you use for her hair? Is that seaweed?

We went to my husband's boss's cookout on Saturday. They had a humongous house with beautiful rooms they didn't even use. You should have seen the office area...if I had an office like that, all space and windows, I would never leave my computer.

And if I had a laptop and a house like that, I might go sit in some of the beautifully decorated rooms that were never used if only to justify their existence. Tell me, why do people need such huge spaces?

Jennifer Shirk said...

Ha! Yeah, I used seaweed. At least, I think it was seaweed...