Monday, October 22, 2007

Seven--That's the Number!

IN THE NEWS: According to World magazine, "All it took for a New Zealand town to adopt a public bus route to the nearest big city was some dirty underwear. Inglewood, New Zealand, made news a year ago when the town's only clothing shop stopped selling women's underwear. The local Catholic church had organized weekly runs to New Plymouth, but now government officials have stepped up, offering a weekly 20-minute shuttle to the coastal city beginning Nov. 1. A local council official said the government would help pay for the trips "to ensure people were really serious about buying those new knickers—and anything else that might take their fancy."




Yeah, SEVEN--that's the number. That's right. The Red Sox really know how to do baseball drama. It took until game seven to find out, but they're in the World Series starting Wednesday night. Woo-hoo! Thank goodness. Who wants to see a Cleveland/Colorado game anyway? Uh, I mean besides Cleveland and Colorado. It's all about Red Sox nation, baby.

That was a pretty sweet birthday gift. :)

Do you watch baseball?

5 comments:

Chelle Sandell said...

LOL! I saw it on the news this morning and thought of you!!! Go Red Sox! I don't watch but I can cheer...LOL.

Chicki Brown said...

I'm sorry I didn't read your blog over the weekend. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

Kristen Painter said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

And baseball? What's that? I do know that the Cowboys won! Woohoo!

Jill Monroe said...

And my husband wept. Then he got disgusted. Now he's on football. Wish teenage girls were that easy!

PatriciaW said...

I think my husband, the ultimate Yankee fan, got queasy watching Game 6, and downright disgusted watching Game 7. Oh well, there's always next year. Wait! Isn't that what the Sox fans used to say?