Friday, November 30, 2007

Christmas Meme #1

MENTAL STATUS: "Happy". My skinny jeans don't feel as tight, I get to do a little Christmas shopping this morning, and I get to sneak in a little time for some writing. Not a bad day ahead of me.


Well, I call this Christmas meme #1 because I'm sure it's just the beginning of the memes that will be tossed at me from now until December 25. (I didn't say not to toss them to me, though!) I do find some mild amusement from them.

This one is from Kristen Painter. So blame her. And away we go:

1. Eggnog or hot chocolate Eggnog. And don't skimp on the rum.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just put them under the tree? What? I'd clunk him on the head if he didn't wrap them.

3. Colored or white lights on tree/house? This is a sore subject in my house. I like white lights. My hubby and daughter like colored. As a result, we have white lights outside and colored lights on the tree. But I still want white lights on the tree. My hubby said when he's dead and buried, I'll can enjoy my white-lighted Christmas tree.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? NO. Too awkward. Plus, people you don't want kissing you kiss you without it anyway.

5. When do you put your decorations up? I begin somewhere between Thanksgiving Day weekend and the first weekend in December.

6. What is your holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Potato pancakes (if I'm doing Christmas Eve)

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child. Baking Christmas cookies with my mom.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Never believed. In my house Santa was the big fat guy who took the true meaning of Christmas away.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? YES!

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Colored lights; gold and red bows; gold, silver and red balls; and lots of ornaments. We try to pick up an ornament from every place we've ever traveled.

11. Snow! Love it or dread it? Bring it on! (If i have no place to go, that is)

12. Can you ice skate? Maybe. It's been like 20 years. It's got to be like riding a bike, right?

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Hubby surprised me with Andrea Bocelli tickets one year. I didn't even know Andrea would be touring at the time.

14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Celebrating the birth of Jesus--and spending some quality time with the family.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Christmas cookies!!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Hot Cocoa and popcorn while watching A Charlie Brown Christmas.

17. What tops your tree? A gold star.

18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? Giving. I put A LOT of thought into my gifts. :)

19. What is your favourite Christmas song? "O, Holy Night".

20. Candy canes. Symbolic and decorative. Plus, the little girlie LOVES them.

21. Favourite Christmas movie? It's a Wonderful Life. Come on, people! Give me a break! I'm not made of stone!

22. What do you leave for Santa? Coal. (What I'm sure he'd leave for me)



Ok. Time to pass the torch. I tag... Chelle Sandell, Debora Dennis and Lesley Speller.

Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Chicki Brown said...

I never did the Santa thing with my kids even before I got born again. To me it was always ridiculous.

My parents told us about Santa, but also made the point that Christmas was the celebration of Jesus' birth. My mother read the Christmas story from the Bible every Christmas morning. That's confusing for a child, and when I finally discovered at age eight that the Santa story was a lie, I remember being so angry at my mother and father.

I was detrmined to tell my girls the truth. They always knew mommy, daddy and the family bought them gifts because they loved them, and it didn't take the "magic" out of the holiday as some suggest. They were still just as excited and thankful.

Darla said...

Oh, fun. I'm going to steal this and play in a couple of days. I'll link back when I'm done. :)

Chelle Sandell said...

Oh cool! I was going to do it even if you didn't tag!

M. C. Pearson said...

Clunk him on the head. HA!

Just a friendly reminder about the FIRST post...no clunking...yet. :-O

Unknown said...

Loved your answers - and it looks like I've been tagged! Look for it on Tuesday (cause you know I can't NOT post a Man Monday!)

Kristen Painter said...

I love that you never believed in Santa either. Awesomeness.