Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Happy Woman's Rule!

MENTAL STATUS: "Happy". Been applying my new goals for the year--and that's including going to the gym more. I feel really good, too.

Did you know that in Greece, January 8 is Midwife's Day or Woman's Day, also sometimes called Woman's Rule?

On this day, men do all the housework and take care of the children, while women go out for the day, relaxing in cafes and coffee shops and playing card games. Events during the day focus on midwives, who parade through the streets on carts. In some villages, men who are caught outside, and not at home doing chores, are chased by women and drenched with a bucket of cold water.
(I'm sorry. I can barely write this, because I'm lauging so hard, thinking about my hubby's reaction if he saw this.)

But I'll tell you one thing, those Greek men know how to take care of their women!!
So I think I'll "celebrate" here in America and get a cup of Dunkin' Donuts coffee (not exactly hanging out in a cafe, but, whatever), forget about all the Christmas decorations that still have to be put away, and just go write.

Vive la Women! (Or whatever they say in Greek, too)

4 comments:

lainey bancroft said...

Oppa! (not sure about the sp, but ya know what I mean)

I'm in! Vive la Women!

(did ya get my email re: the &*^%$#$ release explanation? MY mail system has been haywire)

Chelle Sandell said...

LOL! What...just one day a year??? I give mine the evil eye when he's home and he jumps to it. Yeah, right!! He'd do a crappy job on purpose so I'd want to do it myself.

PatriciaW said...

I love it! And congrats on keeping up with your goals, especially the gym.

Virginia Lady said...

I love that idea! Now, if we all start a petition, I'm certain we can get it officially recognized here in the USA too. :-)

Though I have to agree with Chelle, men have a knack for doing the job lousy so you won't let them do it again. They can be very sneaky that way.