Monday, February 25, 2008

Keeping up with the Jones

MENTAL STATUS: "Stressed". I'm packing for vacation and getting the house organized before our trip. It's not a pretty sight.

Well, trying to keep up with all our neighbors is leading me down a path to which I never thought I would venture. Ever.

Am I buying a Lexus? No. Am I buying a nice wide screen plasma TV? No. Am I remodeling my kitchen? No. So how am I "keeping up with the Jones"?

I'm buying...flax seed.

Yes. Flax seed. I'm becoming...healthy. Stupid neighbors. It's all their fault. They're all a bunch of overachievers--entering triathlons, and eating their bran/flax seed muffins in their skinny jeans and high heels. Bleh. It's forced me to get into shape. Since the first of the year, I've been going to the gym 4 to 5 times a week. And now I'm making fruit smoothies with flax seed for lunch.

The good news is I'm four pounds lighter. And I'm actually liking the taste of flax seed now. It's kind of nutty. And gritty. Different. I hope it's making my body happy, anyway.


Are you a healthy eater?

4 comments:

Chicki Brown said...

Good for you! I'm trying my best to eat better, and I'm working out three times a week now. In fact, I'm rushing through reading all my favorite blogs so I can get out of here by ten o'clock.

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Flax sead never made me feel any healthier. I lost more weight when I quit it. Then again, I didn't bother to exercise or anything. Could that be related?

Kristen Painter said...

I don't mind flax seed at all. I used to make FS muffins pretty regularly. And we do eat healthy. Organic when we can, lots of fruits, veggies, whole grains, beans, etc.

Anonymous said...

Now I feel bad posting my butterscotch brownie recipe - didn't do much for the old diet did it? Sorry :)