Friday, March 28, 2008

Friday Roundup

IN THE NEWS: According to Fox News: "A Texas woman who said she was forced to remove a nipple ring with pliers in order to board an airplane called Thursday for an apology by federal security agents and a civil rights investigation." Read more here.

Well, it's Friday--we're in the home strength of spring break being over. I haven't done much this week besides clean and do a few critiques. Bleh. I really need to finish some line edits, too. Maybe today when the kiddo has her play date.

So let's take a look at a few things that I found interesting this week:

1) Dark Eden Press is closing. Very sad story. Smart Bitches had a post on it. Here.

2) There was a cool post about book promotion here at Publisher's Weekly.

3) I got my new living room rug. (Will post pics later)

4) BUT the best most interesting news this week was...

my critique partner Debra Dennis SOLD her first book to Blade Publishing! YAY!!!!
I'm so very proud of her! She so deserves it.

You can read her thoughts on selling here.

And that's it for Friday. Have a good one!

3 comments:

Chicki Brown said...

Congrats to Debra! It's wonderful to see a friend accomplish her dream.

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the plug! I am excited! :) Have a great weekend.

Kristen Painter said...

Congrats, Debora!