Thursday, March 27, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #41


Thirteen "Gym" Songs on my IPod
************************************************************************

1.... Gettin' Jiggy Wit It by Will Smith (This is my warm-up)


2.... This is Your Night by Amber


3.... I Like to Move It by Reel 2 Reel


4....Walking on Sunshine by Katrina & The Waves


5....Another Night by Real McCoy


6....Behind These Hazel Eyes by Kelly Clarkson


7....Wannabe by the Spice Girls (Hey, I had it before that commercial)


8....Spice Up Your Life by the Spice Girls **cough cough**


9....Born to be Alive by Patrick Hernandez


10....Goodbye to You by Scandal


11....El Matador by Los Fabulosos Cadillacs (The Grosse Pointe Soundtrack)


12....Get Ready by The Proclaimers


13....I Believe in You by Il Divo with Celine Dion (Cool down song)


***************************************************************


What songs do you like to workout to?


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



1. Elle Fredrix 2. Cassandra 3. Annalee Blysse 4. R.G. Alexander 5. Babe King 6. Gina Ardito 7. Tempest Knight 8. Jennifer McKenzie 9. Crystal Jordan 10. Jennifer Colgan & Bernadette Gardner 11. Elizabeth Parker 12. Rhonda Stapleton 13. Paige Tyler 14. Robin L. Rotham 15. Heather 16. Kate Willoughby 17. Ava Rose Johnson 18. Kissa Starling 19. Amelia June 20. Shelley Munro 21. Lyric 22. Debbie Mumford 23. Diana Castilleja 24. Adelle 25. Ciar Cullen 26. Marguerite Labbe 27. Lesley Speller 28. Stephanie Secrest 29. Savannah Chase 30. Lia 31. Kelly McCrady 32. Kaige 33. Tara S Nichols 34. Zara Penney 35. Regina Avalos 36. Alice Audrey 37 Darla 38. Harris Channing

20 comments:

Heather said...

Oh...there are a few good songs listed there! A couple that can get me up out of the desk chair when they come on the radio are "Come Dancing" by The Kinks and "Red Beans" or "Luella" by Marcia Ball. Just...can't...sit...still when I hear them! "Paradise by the Dashboard Light" (Meatloaf) is another great dancing song -- and one that provides a good workout since it's so blasted long!

Shelley Munro said...

Some great songs to exercise to on your list. I keep thinking of lemurs whenever the Move It song plays. I exercise to any old song.

Gina Ardito aka Katherine Brandon said...

Those are some great songs to get your heart pumping! I just bring my MP3 player and hit "random."

Chicki Brown said...

At Curves they have some classic disco and old school funk with the beat speeded up to cardio range. It's really great.

For walking I love really fast gospel (those black choir songs that make you want to shout). It keeps my feet moving even when they don't want to.

I want an iPod...

Unknown said...

I really love #13. It's really far removed from what I normally listen to. Not sure why I like it so much.lol Happy T13!

Jennifer McKenzie said...

Pretty eclectic. Looks like my play list. LOL.

MsSnarkyPants said...

I remember when I used to work out! I loved it too. I need to get off my booty again! Spice Girls music is absolutely great for working out!

Anonymous said...

Makes me want to exercise - hahaha - who am I kidding? Now I can't get "born to be alive" out of my head...off to find some cake! :)

Kaige said...

I like songs with a strong, steady beat for walking. I have a playlist I drop to my shuffle for walking. Some of the tunes on it:

Bring Me To Life by Evanescence
Steady as She Goes by the Raconteurs
Holla Back Girl by Gwen Stefani
You Can Do It (Put Your Ass Into It) by Ice Cube
You Spin Me Right Round by Dead or Alive
Hips Don't Lie by Shakira
God Is A DJ by P!nk
Black Horse and the Cherry Tree by KT Tunstall

Very eclectic, I know. =)


Happy TT!
http://impulsivehearts.wordpress.com/

Tara S Nichols said...

Arg!No Not #3 ack get it out of my head get it out, damn, too late. Disney's meercats or whatever they are will haunt me. May as well go excersize.

Darla said...

Those will get you moving--at least the ones I recognize, anyway. I tend to exercise to movies rather than music.

Anonymous said...

I don't have an MP3 player - just a Nordick Track. I listen to books on tape to keep me on it longer.

Chloe Devlin said...

Eclectic list. But good ones to work out to.

Chicki, I like those tapes at Curves. They really keep you moving at the right speed.

Chloe

Paige Tyler said...

Love 3 & 4!

*hugs*
Paige

My TT is at http://paigetylertheauthor.blogspot.com/

Debbie Mumford said...

Ooooo..."I like to move it, move it"...

Bella said...

I love 1, 3 and 4. My kids get a kick out of 3, especially since they started making those crazy animals (Even Santa) baring and shaking their asses to that song...eew.

Bella

Prixie said...

makes m want to go out there and hitteh gym!

Gwen Mitchell said...

A nice spunky mix, good to work out to, I think!

Nadia said...

I listen to HYBRID THEORY by Linkin Park when I work out. :)

Kathleen Oxley said...

Great list! One of my all time fave workout songs is Renegade Master - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9QhSZ_vD8I

(Ignore the weird video, but imagine trying to stand still while listening to it!)

:) Kat