Monday, September 29, 2008

Goals!

MENTAL STATUS: ****"Tired" Had a busy weekend and I'm a little sleep deprived.


Well, meet the newest addition to my daughter's Webkinz family: the blue jay. Her name is Blueberry.


All last year we tried to get my daughter a little more focused on her soccer games. So my hubby promised my her that if she scored a goal, she'd earn five dollars. Bribery? Yes. But she never did score a goal.

Until this year.

Not only did she score a goal, but TWO goals on Saturday. She looked really great out there. In fact, once she got a taste of that first goal, she became a bit of a monster--complaining if she was put on defense and knocking her own teammates out of the way to get to the ball. (We've since corrected that problem)

So anyway, she took the $5 dollars and put it together with some of her piggy bank money and had enough to buy a Webkinz. She earned it.

Now the hubby and I are going to have to do some quick changes to that incentive plan or we're not going to be able to afford her.

******************************
Anyhew, today I'm devoting the morning to doing some errands, laundry, and pulling my summer flowers.

What are you doing today?

2 comments:

Kristen Painter said...

I'm writing today. If I finish a chapter, will you give me $5? That might actually work.

Anonymous said...

And there goes your daughter's amateur status. Oops.