Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Book Buddy

IN THE NEWS: 'If a riding lawnmower ambling through downtown Glen Falls, N.Y., just after midnight on Nov. 14 wasn't enough indication of foul play, a man riding on the hood of the mower gave watching police all the probable cause necessary for an unusual traffic stop.' Read more HERE.


I've named my e-reader: Book Buddy. He's my new best friend. :)

Not to sound like a commercial but inquiring minds seem to want to know: The SONY reader is very lightweight and has a case which opens like a book. It's also very sleek looking. The screen looks good--like a book--and not like a computer screen, if you know what I mean. I know the Kindle is sold out until after Christmas, but to me it was a little bulkier and heavier than the SONY, but Kindle has the wireless download for those that like that.

I read in bed last night and was able to just get lost in a book without even thinking about what I was reading off of, which was suprising.

My hubby originally thought Book Buddy was going to be a waste. But he has since changed his mind and is now even a little jealous of my new gadget.

E-Book I'm reading right now:
Not Quite Dead by Sela Carsen. (It's really cute)

6 comments:

Chicki Brown said...

I understand how you get books for the Kindle, but how do you get them for the Sony e-resder?

Trying not to lust after one of these gadgets is getting harder and harder ...

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you like it. I'm still okay with my Palm, I love that it's backlit and can read in bed with the flip on my thumb! So glad it's working for you (and I love your snow btw!)

Stephanie said...

I think that might be on my Christmas list for next year! It sounds great, especially if it's not too bright when you're reading!

lainey bancroft said...

I have Book Buddy envy! :(

Glad you're enjoying it, Jennifer! :)

I think if more people got their hands on these things and understood how very user friendly they are, the whole e-book 'stigma' would go up in a puff of smoke!

Kate Karyus Quinn said...

Oooh, that sounds totally excellent! I think I might also need to add it to my wish list for next year.

Diane Craver said...

I've read an excerpt of Sela's Not Quite Dead and thought it was cute. Will have to get it sometime.