Thursday, January 15, 2009

Technical Difficulties

MENTAL STATUS: "Annoyed". (See title and post)
Recent IPod Downloads: "U Can't Touch This" by MC Hammer.
Christmas Tree Status: Still up. Yes, lights, too.

My SONY e-reader needs repair. Already. I've only had it for a month now. Grrrr....
(if you could see my face right now, you'd know I'm not happy)

I snuggled in bed the other night, all ready to read in the dark with my little e-reader light and then... nothing. The stupid thing froze as soon as I turned it on. It wouldn't shut down either. I tried everything the SONY website suggested and nothing fixed the problem, so now I must send it for exchange/repair. Which to me is one big HASSLE.

I just bought 2 new e-books, too. WAH!!!! I really wanted to read them. Now I have to wait and look to my TBR pile of print books. One of them being Twilight by Stephanie Meyer. Yeah, I know I'm missing out by not reading this book yet, but it's just so...thick. I'm intimidated by thick books. Thus, I won't be reading John Adams anytime soon either.

Oh well. I'll start Twilight tonight. I have no choice.

Am I the only person on the planet who hasn't read this book?

9 comments:

Kristen Painter said...

Twilight will be a pretty quick read if you react to it the way most have. I read it in about a day.

Chicki Brown said...

Sorry about the e-reader. Technology is wonderful -- when it's working ...

No, you're not the only one who hasn't read Twilight. I started it and put it down before I finished Chapter One. After reading J.R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood, it just seemed so "elementary." But then it IS written for teens.

Stephanie said...

Pretty much. But I can guarantee you it's a QUICK read. I read it in two days, and that was just in the evenings after the kids went to bed!

PatriciaW said...

Nope. No interest in the book. And if you go over to Christian Fiction Magazine Online, to the Fiction Rants page in the Blitz section, you'll find an interesting take on it.

Prixie said...

make that 2 people who have not read the book.

NoBS said...

I have not and will not read the Twilight series...

Bummer about the Sony Reader...

Anonymous said...

I haven't read Twilight yet, but I did see the movie.

BTW, I read "mental status" as "marital status" and thought "annoyed" was a wonderful answer. :)

Diane Craver said...

I haven't read Twilight and have been surprised that my daughter hasn't. She heard it isn't good.

Sorry about your sony reader.

Marianne Arkins said...

Twilight isn't a hard read... it's quick, but good. I really, really liked it. OTOH, the rest of the series utterly disappointed me.

And that seriously SUCKS about your eReader.