Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Avoidance, thy name is Jennifer

MENTAL STATUS: "Amused". (At myself)

RECENT IPod DOWNLOAD: "Super Bon Bon" by Soul Coughing


Remember yesterday when I said I was going to start writing my chapter six?

Well, I didn't. In fact, I didn't do much, except go to the gym...for, oh, I don't know, 2 hours!

Come on! Who goes to the gym for 2 hours?!

Well, me--or any other writer--who's avoiding to write, of course. But all that's going to change as of right now.

Now.

No, NOW.



6 comments:

Marianne Arkins said...

I know how you feel. Every time I sat down yesterday, I'd pop back up. Do the dishes. Vacuum. Play with the dog.

There are thousands of ways to put off writing. Isn't that the pits?

Good luck! Did you get any written?

Chicki Brown said...

Sometimes we avoid writing when we don't feel sure about where the story is going. A day off won't kill you. Just jump back in today, 'cause I love Sunni's story.

Kristen Painter said...

Two hours in the gym? You really don't want to write, do you? lol Tell yourself you're just going to write for 30 mins. Set a timer, sit down and go. When the timers up, chance are good you'll be in the right head space to do more.

Stephanie said...

LOL! Believe me, if I had 2 hours to get a gym, I'd totally be there. As it stands, the new Jillian Michaels DVD workout that I just bought yesterday will have to suffice...after I get rid of this crap the kids gave me. UGH!

Diane Craver said...

I can't imagine spending two hours at the gym. :) But I need to!

Good luck on Ch. 6 - you can do it!

Kate Karyus Quinn said...

Oh man I need two hours at the gym way more than I need to write. I think I am the opposite of you - I use writing time as my excuse to avoid the gym!