Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Lovey Dovey Writing

IN THE NEWS: Authorities say a 64-year-old Indiana man upset over the outcome of a high school basketball game attacked a referee _ who happened to be a state trooper. Read more HERE.

On the reading front, I finished Devil Falls yesterday. It was a great read, but my favorite part in the whole book was when the hero (Damien Kirk) plays his cello for the heroine for the very first time.
Oh. My. Gosh. It was such a sad, passionate, heart aching, and extremely romantic part of the book. I honestly think it is worth buying for just that scene alone.

Great job, Angelle! You kept me up until 12:30 at night reading. (And I like to sleep!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On the writing front, I wrote six pages. Woo-hoo! Five of them are decent then I don't know what happened. It was like a train wreck suddenly occurred. (I guess it was good I stopped when I did.) Oh well. It can be fixed.

I have to say that--despite my initial avoidance-- I do love this book I'm working on.

Is that wrong to say? Is it common to say?

I don't know. Because I have to tell you, I didn't feel that way about the last book I just wrote. I mean, I liked it. But I didn't have that lovey dovey feel good feel I do with this one or that I had when I wrote The Role of a Lifetime.

Isn't that strange? Aren't I suppose to love all my babies equal? Maybe I just like the characters better in this one I'm working on. I'm not sure.

What about you? Do you always love whatever your writing?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling - as you can tell - it's taking me a long time to get "into" my current project. I guess it will all work out. Keep moving.

Chicki Brown said...

I wasn't too thrilled with BETWEEN SISTERS when I was writing it. That's why I haven't revised to this day. But I loved writing HOT FUN and having just as much fun working on HOLLYWOOD SWINGING.

Maybe we shouldn't think of our books as our babies, because I believe we can't help loving our kids even when they're ugly and ill behaved. Our manuscripts should be considered acquaintances who come into our lives for a short amount of time then move on. :)

Chelle Sandell said...

It's easy for me to have favorites. I think it's normal because some stories flow better than others.

Kristen Painter said...

I don't always love my books, although I do usually love my characters.

Way to go on the writing - I managed 5 pages myself yesterday and am hoping for even more today. I must get this novella done!

Prixie said...

more often than not, i hate my writing

Bella said...

When I fall for the characters, really get into their heads, then I love the story. It took me weeks to love the last adult romance I wrote.

Five good pages a day is great. I could kill for just two good ones.

Bella

Shelley Munro said...

Some books are more difficult than others that's for sure. I hated Scarlet Woman by the time I finished it because I had so much trouble during the edit stage. Readers love it and it's been one of my best sellers. I loved the characters though, which is probably why I'm currently writing book eight in the series.

Good going on the writing. :)

Kristen Painter said...

Yes, I did grow my own sprouts! Lentil and quinoa. The lentil are for salads, the quinoa I turned into a raw cracker that is absolutely delish.

Anonymous said...

My gosh, Jennifer. You just made my day! :)

Thank you so much!

:wub: