Monday, July 8, 2013

Catching Up

Brett Gardner making a true catch
Happy Monday, all!

Wow, last week flew by! I actually had hopes of being online more but, alas, all I could really do was pop in on Twitter here and there.

Fourth of July started out as a simple BBQ with some neighbors then...30 people later, we had ourselves a PARTY! It was crazy. I kept getting texts asking if I minded if they brought someone--or a family.LOL

I'm one of those anal planners so this really rocked my world, but all turned out great in the end and the hubby and I were praised as fantastic hosts. (Um, because we are)

I was so worried Sox would get trampled or not react well to the crowd but he was SUPER and I think loved all the company. (and attention)
***

On the writing front, I did not get as much done as I wanted, but I'm still making good progress. My target is to sub this thing to my editor by the end of the month. (fingers crossed)

***
In other news, I've lost ten pounds. 

HOW? By running three days a week, keeping up with P90x routines, and a free app on my IPhone called "My Fitness Pal". 

I. LOVE. THIS. APP!!!

You plug in all your profile info and then it sets a target calorie goal for you. It's basically just calorie counting.
If you exercise that day, you can plug that in too and then you can eat more. (Which is what I do)
You add in your weekly weight and see your progress. Plus, the BEST thing is you can look up the calories for almost everything. Even if I go out to eat, they have a lot of restaurant meals programmed in already, which is very convenient.

Check it out!
***

In puppy news, Sox goes to his first "puppy orientation" class this Wednesday. It's a free one. Then after that, I'm going to sign him up for some classes that my vet recommended. But he's been a good boy and is growing like a weed. (although by dog standards he's still pretty petite) He's three months now!



That's it for me. Summer is usually slow but for some reason I'm so busy that I rarely have time to read, which makes me really sad. :(

So what's going on with you? Read anything good lately?

22 comments:

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Puppy classes are a good idea.

That's wonderful you've lost ten pounds. I think my husband uses that same app.

Sandra Orchard said...

Congrats on the weight loss! Sox is adorable!

Maria Zannini said...

We had an impromptu party too--fortunately not quite that many people. :)

Congrats on the 10 pounds. You definitely earned it.

Southpaw said...

Awwww, Sox is so cute. This summer has been busy for me too. What's up with that?

Congrat on saying goodbye to 10 pounds!

Stacy McKitrick said...

Good job on the weight loss. My husband has an app on his phone that tracks all his walking. I think it's a Nike app (but not sure). He loves that thing.

Just finished reading Meg Gardiner's "The Shadow Tracer." Good fast-paced thriller. Really enjoyed it.

Dianne K. Salerni said...

Congrats on the weight loss AND hosting a party on the spur of the moment. I am not good at spontaneity, so that would have had me stressed!!

Liz Mays said...

It's been months since I've had the chance to read. I don't like it either!!! I like those fitness apps too, although I don't think that's the one I have on my phone. I'll have to check it out!

Linda Kage said...

Wow, what a week you had. Congrats on the weight-loss, super awesome hosting skills and having a great pet! And good luck with your manuscript, though I'm sure you'll do great!

Old Kitty said...

Yay for Sox!!! He's not only super cute, he is super brave!

All the best with your ms!!

Take care
x

Carol Kilgore said...

I love when parties happen like that. Congrats on the ten pounds.

What is it with reading time? I'm struggling to find a few minutes every day.

Shelley Munro said...

I can't recommend puppy classes highly enough. The classes made all the difference to our Bella and the socialization is good for them too.

I use My Fitness Pal periodically, and I think it's great.

It sounds as though your week was busy!

Sandra Cox said...

Congrats on the weight loss(you go girl) And your writing accomplishments.
Puppy is awfully cute:)

Rula Sinara said...

I'm checking out that app!
Sox is adorable :)

Linda G. said...

Sox is so freakin' cute!!!

Congrats on losing 10 pounds. (I'm still trying to figure out a way to do the same, only without running or giving up sweets. No luck so far...)

Nas said...

Wow! On the weight loss! I've been trying for long now! Need to try it your way now!

Nas

Connie Keller said...

Congrats on the weight loss!

Love your dog and the photo of the Yankees.

Cheryl Klarich said...

Wow!!!

Really, Jennifer, you are quite amazing.

You inspire me to--enjoy summer!! :)

Bless you!!!

Carolyn V said...

Awesome! I'm on fitnesspal too! Love that thing (although I've been slacking off this summer). Congrats on the weight loss and the awesome party planning! (I need to be better at that, too.) ;)

Unknown said...

Good advertisement by added visitors,its accordance adventitious to allocation acclimatized knowledge.i am so afflicted by this blog accumulated information
Estetik

miamichrysler said...

why should not you take care about the quality of comments,you are really posting the sensible comments here..
s
Miami jeep

Unknown said...

i impress your site,thanks for sharing.KeyGrabber keylogger is an undetectable keylogger, used for recording keystrokes on PS/2 and USB keyboards.
keylogger

Unknown said...

i impress your site,thanks for sharing.KeyGrabber keylogger is an undetectable keylogger, used for recording keystrokes on PS/2 and USB keyboards.
keylogger