Monday, May 5, 2014

Because sharing is caring

Hi, all!

Happy Monday!

Can you believe it's May already? I have got to get my butt in gear this week and do some MAJOR writing.

So if you see me on FB or Twitter too much this week, you have permission to call me out on it.

Thank you in advance.


Anyhew, I'm happy to say that FIANCE BY FATE continues to sell well despite not being on sale anymore. As of now:
Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,101 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)

 
  • THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
 

But before I sign off, I was just wanted to share some advice that one of my CPs gave me recently.
because as the title of my posts says: sharing is caring.

I got some fan mail a week ago and as nice as it is, sometimes it can put added pressure on you to write what readers want.
Not that that is bad or something you shouldn't do.
You want to please your readers, obviously, but on the same token you can't please everyone.

So here's the advice:
Write the book that you want to write.
The characters control the story, not you. And your job as a writer is simply that...
You can't control anyone's reactions to it. Stay true to you and keep writing.

And that's it for me.
Have a great week!


What do you think about that advice? Do you agree or disagree?

9 comments:

Old Kitty said...

Lovely advice, thank you!! And huge congrats with your book sales! And fan mail! That's just brilliant! Have a great Monday! Good luck with your mega writing!! Take care
x

Sandra Orchard said...

Very good advice. Thank you.

Connie Keller said...

Congrats on the book sales! That's wonderful.

And a great piece of advice.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Congrats that your book is doing so well. That's still a lot of sales.

Maria Zannini said...

Great news about your continued sales!

And excellent advice. I had a crit partner long ago who kept rewriting her story every time someone said she should change something. You can pretty much figure out the outcome.

Stephanie Faris said...

That's something I'm grappling with. There's so little of this we can control--all we can really do is write. It's hard to put your book out into the world and hope for the best!

Liza said...

I have a flash fiction on my blog right now that's a little grim. I hesitated to post it...but that's the story that came to me. I could have changed it, but then I wouldn't be respecting the story. Does that make sense?

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the sales. Always wonderful to see.

Nas said...

Agreed on the advice and yay for the Amazon rankings and numbers!