Monday, November 3, 2014

New Month, New Goals

Happy Monday, all!

IN THE NEWS: Here's The Real Reason Why That Pop Song Is Stuck In Your Head
JUST ADDED TO MY IPOD: "Fireball" by Pitbull


Well, in case you've been living in a box, it's NaNoWriMo this month and I will not be participating. At least, not officially. I don't know why but this concept just doesn't work for me.
I've tried. Oh, how I've tried.

But I am setting some weekly goals for myself which should put me in good shape--as long as I actually meet them. :)

This weekend was my mom's 81st birthday.
We had a great time with the family--and more importantly she had a great time. She's done her cancer treatments and had great results and no side effects from the chemo, which was amazing.
She feels and looks great too!


In other news,  I've been nominated for the Swoony Awards! LOL
What is the 2014 Swoony Awards?! On Goodreads, The Happily Ever After Book Club, has decided that they want to honor all the amazing authors and their equally amazing books that they have written this year!

I'm honored.

THANK YOU!

That's it for me. If you're doing NaNo this year, good luck!

Have a great week!

7 comments:

Terri Tiffany said...

Your mom looks great! Congrats on the award--any award is great and I know you deserve it for all your writing!

Maria Zannini said...

Happy birthday to your mom! She looks terrific.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Congrats on the nomination.

Your mom looks great, especially if she just underwent cancer treatment.

Dianne K. Salerni said...

Happy Birthday to you mom!

NaNo doesn't work for me, but I understand that it provides needed motivation for some authors.

I learned, just by keeping a calendar over the summer where I got stickers for increasing word count, that I find external measures of progress counter-productive. Sometimes, I do my best work by letting things simmer instead of writing words.

Sandra Orchard said...

Congrats on the Swooney nomination. :D And on your mom's birthday and successful treatments!

dolorah said...

Happy birthday Mom :)

Congrats on the Swooney award. Good luck meeting your weekly writing goals.

H. R. Sinclair said...

Congrats on the nominations and HB to you mom!