Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Annoying Observations

MENTAL STATUS: "Blah". Woke up with a sore throat yesterday, and I feel like something is lurking in my body waiting for the perfect time to spring out and put me down for the count. It could go either way. But so far, so good.

I have about ten minutes before I take my daughter to preschool, so I'll make this short. (yeah, I know. I always say that.)

But this time I mean it!

Okay. Three annoying observations from last night:

1) A little disappointed with American Idol last night. They concentrated on showing the goofs way too much and not enough of the talented people. I actually had a headache from all the off-key singing by the end of the show. (My hats off to the judges who sit thru WAY more than what I did last night)

2) "Urban Amish" is NOT a good look.

3) I can't stand the local news. My hubby and I ended up watching the first 5 minutes of the 10 o'clock news after the show and ended up finding that funnier than American Idol. What was the kick-off story? "The temperature is dropping to 32 degrees". Oooh. Do tell. Because you see it's mid-January and we're in the North East and well... this is all so sudden. Have they completely lost their minds? The newscaster threw in the same old warnings (watch your space heaters and candles burning) and one new one (cover up your perennials slightly).

Ugh. I hope it was just a slow news day.

Have a non-annoying day. :)


2 comments:

Chelle Sandell said...

Our news won't shut up. Oklahoma has been under a state of an emergency cause we usually panic at 32 degrees. So you'd think with everyone stuck at home we'd be able to watch tv or something but they are on emergency mode and all we can watch is...news...or Food Network. So much for my diet!

Elle Fredrix said...

I forgot that American Idol had started. I'll have to start taping it so I can subject myself to the torture. And then Canadian Idol starts right afterward, and the torture continues.

Can you imagine submitting a manuscript to Simon?? The horror!

Sushi is yucki, sushi is yucki...