Monday, September 10, 2007

Weekend Recap #20

MENTAL STATUS: ""Tired". We had a BUSY weekend, I'm not used to getting up at 6:30AM, and worse, there's no coffee creamer in the house. So I'm going to wait and have my coffee later when I can run to the store. (This might not be a bright idea)

Well, this weekend was packed full of amusement park rides and eating way too much food. Ugh, I feel fat.

Anyhew, my little one had her first day of soccer on Saturday and did really well. (She looked so cute) Then she begged us to take her to the antique car show they were having in town. So we did. She loves looking at all the cars. Then we came back and hit the beach.

It was a TERRIBLE beach day. The sun was out, the water was warm--the wind was whipping. But we managed to last a few hours.

Later that night we were invited to a dinner party--no kids! Woo-hoo!--and had an awesome time. It was a late night for me though, which probably is contributing to my tiredness today.

Then Sunday afternoon we were invited to my f-i-l's company's "Family Day", which was held at an amusement park/water park place Wildwood. The weather was perfect this year, so it was one of the best times we had. My daughter showed off some new swimming moves, too.

Just writing about this is making me even more tired. I might have to seek out a diet Coke to hold me over until I can get some coffee in me.

So what did you do this weekend?

6 comments:

Chicki Brown said...

Oh, Wildwood... It's been 30 years since I've been there, but I remember it well. I'm sure it's completely different from the way it was back in the day.

Sounds like a good, exhausting weekend.

I'm sitting here trying to come up with something to write for today's blog, but I'm drawing a blank...

Stephanie said...

Boring weekend full of nothing here! Glad you had fun and I think it's great your daughter loves cars! If Bryan has his way, mine will too!

Chelle Sandell said...

FOOTBALL!! OU beat Miami and it was a big rival from the 80's when I was going to school...they beat us 3 years in a row and we finally got our revenge. Hubby got to watch on satellite from IRAQ.

Beach sounds so fun about now. It's still raining here. 6" last night. Ugh. Our state fair is coming up and the boys are getting excited. I'll have to diet for a month afterwards. LOL!

Get your coffee girl!

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a full weekend! Get that coffee;)
My husband was busier than I was. He put a new front door in the house. I love it:):)

PatriciaW said...

Wildwood? It's been years!

Last weekend I was on a mission to get to the beach. Sun out, warm water, only a slight breeze. This weekend? Errands and sleeping late. Neither DH nor I had much energy for getting up and out. Probably something to do with the 2.5 yr old who wakes us up every night.

Babe King said...

Your weekend sounds great! It's Spring here so I was working in the orchard and getting the strawberry patch sorted. Got the cracked hands and chipped nails to prove it. :-)