Can't wait until Thanksgiving this Thursday!
I love it for TWO reasons in particular:
1) it's a no pressure holiday--
I don't have to buy gifts for anyone. I don't have to make sure the house is decorated. No cards. It's just about being grateful--and of course, the FOOD.
I'm all over that.
2) my sister-in-law ALWAYS cooks Thanksgiving.
(My gig is Christmas Eve)
Again. I'm all over that.
The only thing I have to do is show up.
Oh, and bring dessert.
I happen to be bringing this recipe:
- 1 15 oz can Pumpkin Puree
- 1 10 oz can Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter melted
- 1 cup coarsely crushed graham crackers or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350
- Spray a 9×13 baking pan lightly with cooking/baking spray
- In a large bowl combine the pumpkin, evaporated milk, sugar, eggs and pumpkin pie spice. Stir to combine.
- Pour into your prepared pan.
- Sprinkle your entire box of cake mix on top, followed by your nuts or graham crackers.
- Pour your melted butter evenly on top. (I was told NOT to melt it, cut it up and sprinkle on top)
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until center is set and edges are lightly browned.
Yeah, I know, couldn't they have called it something else?
Like Pumpkin Oh-So-Good Cake? or Pumpkin Hurry Up and Get in My Belly Cake?
Trust me. Don't judge this cake by its name
THIS IS SO Fantastic!!!!
I'm making homemade whipped cream to go with it.
Whatever you're making or eating, have a Happy THANKSGIVING!!